Thursday, August 13, 2009

Kids Say the Darndest Things!

Lately the boys have been making me laugh so hard! I thought I'd share a few of the recent experiences with you!

Trey got out of a very long bath - the water was freezing by the time he let me wash him. I was drying him off and he started examining himself. He said "my fingers are pickley." (Which is the word Caden used to describe wrinkly, wet skin when he was a toddler and it just stuck.) He was quiet, then a minute later he said "Even my foot fingers are pickley too!" I laughed and said "you mean your toes?" Trey said "oh yeah, my toesies!"

Michael is my man of little words. He is smart, understanding what I ask of him, but just doesn't want to vocalize himself more than sounds, so I hope these sounds make sense in my typed words. The boys were playing wonderfully downstairs while I was making dinner, which doesn't happen very often! I heard Michael cry, and since it wasn't a 'serious cry' I waited for him to climb up the stairs. He came up with a sad look on his face and said "blblblb" (the sound we make swishing our tounge from side to side when the kids bonk their heads to have them shake it off.) I said "did you bonk your head?" He shook his head yes then said "brrrr." I asked "did you bonk your head on a car?" and he smiled and said "uh hu!" then happily went back downstairs!

Trey and I were watching a show while Michael napped & Caden was at a friends house. He looked at me and said "Mom, we're going to have a jammie baby." I said "A jammie baby?!? How come?" Trey said "cause you always wear your jammies" YES I DO! Love to be comfy as possible with my growing belly :)

Caden was riding his bike outside. He came in wincing in pain. He told me "Mom, we need to get a softer seat for my bike like Poppa has." Knowing what happened now but asking anyway, "why is that?" He said "I was riding my bike standing up. My foot slipped and I landed on my batteries!" I was dying, laughing so hard at that one. I think Caden forgot all about his 'hurt batteries' by my reaction too!

We were playing with Little People toys. Michael grabs an animal, I tell him what it is and he makes the sound. I noticed the pig was on the other side of the room so I asked Michael "Where is your piggy?" He walked over to me and lifted his foot in my face - we call toes piggies, smart little guy and there they were!

I LOVE my boys so much!!! They fill my life with love and laughter! They are so amazingly different in their clone bodies of Cody. So full of energy, each busy in their own little way and although I daily count the minutes until Cody can come home and wrestle some of their energy out, I don't know what I would do without each one of them!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you finally put some pictures up! Congrats by the way! I love the part about the "batteries" that is classic!

The Tanner Family said...

I love the thing kid say! Very cute! I also like the part about the batteries, made me laugh:) So have you picked out all your girl stuff now? lol its so fun!!!

Patience said...

So cute, I love the batteries story!!

Cara Rigby said...

Oh seriously...I hurt my batteries?! That is the funnest thing ever! I love all your boys, and you guys ;)

Jess said...

Oh my gosh those are so precious! I love them, I am still laughing at the batteries. What a cutie. I'm so glad you wrote those down.

How are you feeling? You look amazing. I am sure you aren't even showing yet. Can't wait to see your baby girl. She will be SO beautiful.