Saturday, August 30, 2008

DISNEYLAND!!!

Seven years, 7 months and 7 days after Our Honeymoon, we FINALLY were able to take a family vacation to the Happiest Place on Earth!!!
We drove down starting Saturday afternoon and spent the night at our sweet friends, Adam and Cara's house. They let us eat, swim and, as an added bonus, got our boys all hopped up on ice cream! Caden and Trey LOVE the Rigby's party house! We got going again at 7 in the morning, knowing our boys would have a much harder time with the 8 hour drive ahead of us. We had to do some seating adjustments and feeding/pit stops along the way, but the boys completely surprised us and did wonderfully!
We spent 4 days in Disneyland and California Adventures. We decided that we wouldn't tell the boys anything about the rides, letting them decide how they liked each ride by themselves... After riding Indiana Jones and Space Mountain one right after the other, Caden let us know that he doesn't like the fast roller coaster rides. Trey on the other hand, loved them! When we would wait in line for a ride, Caden would remind us of his newfound fear and Trey would say "But I do!" He didn't want to miss anything.
With his shoes, Trey was EXACTLY 40 inches, which is the height requirement for many of the faster adult rides. It was great cause he could go with Cody or I when we couldn't bribe Caden to come with us. The downfall was is that the Disneyland Cast Members would measure him at least 3 times at the entrance to the line and 3 more times just before we got on the ride. He resisted at first but by the second day, whenever he saw a measure thingy, he'd take his hat off and stand right next to it, ready to be checked!
Caden's favorite rides were Autopia (I swear we spent most of our time waiting for this ride - we rode it at least 6 times!), Star Tours, Woody's arcade game and Splash Mountain. He loved watching the Jedi Training, even though he didn't get picked to be a trainee (they were riding autopia when it started but I saved them a spot) and Fantasmic which is my MOST favorite part of Disneyland as well.
Trey's favorite rides were Space Rollercoaster (space mountain), Buzz Lightyear, Pirates and Splash Mountain. He loved the Playhouse Disney Live show where one of his favorites, Rocket comes to life!
Everyday, we crammed as much in as we could, rides, parades, shows, fireworks. Now that we're home, I just laugh at how much we packed for a day at Disneyland. We had everything 'just in case' and it was great cause it seemed like each day we needed something else. Of course the things we didn't use as much as we should have was our Cameras. Does anyone take "enough" pictures? It seems like I'm always wishing I took more.
With the heat, all the walking, managing the boys plus Cody usually pushed an extra 100 pounds with the boys in the stroller, We were exhausted by the 4th day! We had arranged to leave in the morning after a full nights sleep, but because of Michael and not being in our own comfy beds, we hadn't ever had a good rest anyway. SO we packed up and left after watching the last firework show. Cody was amazing, driving the whole way, only resting once (I doubt he ever fell asleep because of the noisy boys!) . I, on the other hand, couldn't stay awake for anything! I tried tickling his back but realized my hand was falling further and further. Cody told me he would be talking to me or I would be responding and I fell asleep in the middle of sentences. I felt like someone slipped me a sleeping pill! We got home around noon the next day and started unpacking while Cody tried to crash... again, the boys didn't let him!
Not a day goes by when one of the boys doesn't mention something about Disneyland that they miss! We are counting the days until we can go back!!!

2 comments:

Cara Rigby said...

FINALLY! I've been checking to hear about Disneyland and I'm so glad that you guys had fun. That's awesome that Trey got to ride all the fun rides, what a thrill seeker. Love you guys & hope that you had a great b-day.

Cara Rigby said...

P.S. I love love love the sleepy stroller pic!