Monday, February 16, 2009

New Old Bathroom

I figured I'd post these pictures since mid-project, I told and showed some of you the mess I was in!
Our master bath got a crack in it a few years ago. It's just fiberglass but it was a soaking tub so of course it's more expensive to replace. We tried fixing it and that worked for a minute but after it cracked again, we took over the boy's bathroom and had to walk down the hall to shower. (It proved how spoiled we are cause it was so annoying to us!) After watching many designer shows, I decided I could totally remodel our bathroom! I ripped out the tile (which if anyone else has done this, it's not 'ripping' but more like banging, back breaking, ear peircing work). It is in the corner of our house and closed all doors but the tile, grout and cement dust got everywhere. We took out the tub entirely since we've used it maybe three times in the last 7 years that we've lived here, also figuring we have two other baths if we feel so inclined. Taking the tub out showed that the builders didn't support the tub correctly which is why it cracked.
After going to Home Depot to buy the tile and get some advice, I decided I was way over my head. Instead we got some bids. The person that came in the lowest was the same person that tiled our basement and he did such a good job that we weren't concerned in the least. I told him what I wanted, picked out the tile, he gave some suggestions and then went to work. His work is amazing as you can see! We can actually use our shower for the first time in years! It has a built in shelf and shower seat and everything is tiled with beautiful details. If anyone needs tile work done, I have his name and number for you :)

4 comments:

The Tanner Family said...

Your bathroom looks great! I'll remember to call you if I need tile work done and we live in Utah again. :)

The Steffensen's said...

Love it! I want to do something with my bathrooms, they are super bland. It's probably good I read this post as a warning. I'm always thinking "I could totally do that myself"!!!

Cara Rigby said...

the tile is BEAUTIFUL! it looks awesome...one more reason I'm glad you can't see my unsightly house more often. You & your cute designer home...love you :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Haylee! I don't know what I was doing wrong with you blog...but it wouldn't let me jump from your link on your comments. So I typed in the website I thought you would have chosen...and what do you know--THERE YOU ARE! I don't mind at all that you found our blog - I think it's great! I love your tile in your bathroom...it looks so good! If we ever need tiling done, i know who to call!