Monday, January 5, 2009

Michael's Eating!

I'm horrible at downloading my pictures so I'm always late on my posts, but I figured I can post this one without feeling bad about not having any pictures. After 14 and a half months of nursing every 3-ish hours (which calculates almost 9,000 meals and totals propbably around 3,000 hours - which is 125 days feeding him), Michael is choosing to eat food!!! We went to his 1 year checkup and the doctor was very concerned that Michael still refused to eat any type of food. I had just thought this would work itself out but the doctor told me about things this would cause that I had never imagined. He only weighed 20.8 pounds, which for most of you mothers is about average, but for my children where Caden weighed 22.8 pounds at 7 months and Trey not far behind that, makes Michael tiny. Our Christmas Miracle came 2 weeks early when I was eating, Michael actually grabbed food off my plate, chewed and swallowed the food!!! Ever since then, he eats some food at every meal! Just like that, he eats. I still have to nurse him but not near as long. It's amazing how it takes a crazy little baby like this to appreciate the little things in life, such as babies eating food. I am so grateful for our miracle and will always know that there was divine help involved.

2 comments:

Amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy said...

YEA! Do I even need to say more?